3 Backlogs, 3 Days, and a Fight I Never Chose to Lose
✦ ✦ ✦
"In my last blog, I told you how I was humiliated in front of 150 people. This part is about what happened after that — a fight nobody saw, fought quietly, in the last three days before my backlog exams, when the whole world was asleep and I was still awake, trying to save something that was slipping out of my hands."
Hello everyone! π
I had told you this part was coming — my backlog journey, how I handled college pressure, and my technical journey, all happening together at the same time. So here it is, exactly how I lived it. Not the polished version. The real one.
Three Backlogs, One Chance
second semester, I had 3 backlogs sitting on my mind like unfinished work. One paper somehow passed on grace marks. The other two didn't show me that mercy — I had to give a reexam for them. And here's a truth I have to accept, one that still stings a little — last semester, I hadn't made even one notebook. Not a single page. So when the reexam dates came close, I had nothing of my own to study from. No notes, no shortcuts, nothing I had made myself. I borrowed a friend's notebook and started from there, with only three days left.
Three days. That's all I had to catch up on an entire semester that had slipped through my fingers.
Sometimes the mistake that costs you the most is also the one that teaches you the most — not because it hurts less, but because it leaves you standing at the edge, with no choice left except to rise.
You don't need a perfect start to have a strong finish. You just need to show up for the days that are left.
The Days That Blurred Into Each Other
It wasn't just backlog study eating my time. My attendance had gone low last month, so I couldn't afford to skip even one lecture — I had to sit through every class, even when my mind was already somewhere else. So my days turned into a routine that barely felt human — full lectures from morning to evening, then 2 hours buried in backlog papers, 30 minutes on GitHub, and whatever time was left, I gave to DSA. Some nights this didn't stop — it quietly turned into morning. It would be 6 am, and I'd still be at it.
The next day, when I dragged myself back to college, I was so exhausted from lack of sleep that one day, without even realising it, I give the attendance of the student sitting in front of my roll no of my own. I didn't even understand what I was doing. That's how tired I was — tired enough to forget my own name on a page, almost tired enough to forget myself.
I wasn't lazy. I was just running on empty, and still, somehow, refusing to stop.
Tiredness doesn't always look like giving up. Sometimes it looks like a girl still dragging herself to class every morning, even when her whole body is quietly begging her to rest.
The Exam, and What Came After
In those three days, I put in everything I had — every hour, all the focus I could gather. When I finally sat for the backlog papers, I held nothing back. I think I have a real chance. The papers went well, and somewhere inside me, there's a quiet, stubborn hope that I'll clear both.
But everything has a price, and I paid this one right after the exams — I fell sick. My body finally said, in the only way it had left, what I had refused to hear for weeks — that it needed rest, that it couldn't keep running on nothing forever.
I still don't know the result. Some nights, that uncertainty sits heavy on my chest. But I know one thing for sure — I gave it everything, my full 100%. And when you've given everything you have, whatever the result is, you can still look yourself in the eye without flinching.
Results are not always in our hands. But effort always is. And in every tired hour, I chose, again and again, to hold on to the part that was truly mine to give.
You cannot control what the result page will say. But you can control whether you gave the version of yourself that never gave up.
What I Believe, Even Without Knowing the Result
I have a lot of faith — faith that when you try with everything you are, even God finds a way to walk with you. Last year, some things fell apart, not because I didn't try hard enough, but because some things were simply never in my hands to begin with. This year, I've decided I'm not carrying that old weight anymore. I'm starting fresh, with a hope that feels new even to me.
I still don't know if the dreams I once saw so clearly will ever come true. I once dreamed of IIT — not just as a dream, but almost like a plan. I used to think that once I did B.Tech from IIT, the road ahead would become so much easier. But today, that same dream feels very difficult, almost out of reach. That dream broke quietly, somewhere along the way. But here's what I know, with a certainty that surprises even me — I am still going to try to achieve that same dream. I am going to give everything I have to chase it, right from where I stand today. Maybe the road got harder. The fight inside me hasn't changed.
A dream doesn't die just because the road to it got harder. Sometimes it simply waits patiently for you to find your way back to it.
Change the timeline, change the path, change the pace — but never change the dream itself.
In the End, I Just Want to Say This
This part of my story was never going to be glamorous. It was three sleepless nights, a borrowed notebook, a body pushed past its limits, and a mind that kept going even when it was confused, foggy, and running on nothing. But maybe that's what a real comeback actually looks like — not a clean, straight climb toward the light, but a tired girl studying at 3 am from someone else's notes, still choosing, again and again, to believe she can make it.
Whatever the result of these backlogs turns out to be, I already know the one thing that matters most — I didn't run away from the fight. I stood in it, tired and unsure, and I stayed. And to me, that's its own quiet kind of victory.
If you've ever felt like your effort wasn't enough, like you were falling behind everyone else, remember this one thing:
One phase never defines your entire story.
My story is still unfolding. A few bad marks, a few backlogs, a few sleepless nights of doubt — they are just one chapter, not the whole book. And this chapter is not the end.
Coming soon — the next part, a my blacklog result and my struggle journey.
"I'm still that girl chasing a dream that once broke — only now I'm chasing it with tired eyes, borrowed notes, and a heart that simply refuses to give up." — an ordinary girl, still fighting
#Comeback #SecondYearCSE #BacklogJourney #StudentLife #IITDream #NeverGiveUp #HostelLife #GrowthMindset #UnfilteredStory #KeepGoing
Comments
Post a Comment