Still Loading…

The Day It All Came Together

"In my last blog, I told you about three sleepless nights and a borrowed notebook. This part is about the day the result finally came, and about everything that carried me to it."

Hello everyone! πŸ™

I said I'd come back with the result. I'm here, a little later than I promised, because honestly, I needed a few days just to be able to write about it without falling apart in the middle of a sentence. But I promised myself I'd tell this story exactly as it happened, so here it is.

The Day the Result Came

It was around 4 pm, and we were sitting in the lab. It was just another normal college afternoon. Everyone was busy with their own work, and I wasn't even thinking about the result at that moment.

Then suddenly, one of the girls sitting with us said, "Result!"

My heart skipped a beat.

I immediately opened the ERP and checked my result.

And there it was.

All subjects cleared. Final CGPA: 7.6.

I checked it again, and then once more, hoping I hadn't read it wrong. This time, I was hoping the number wouldn't change. It didn't.

The lab was still the same. People were talking, computers were running, and everyone was carrying on with their day. But for a few moments, it felt like everything had stopped for me, only this time in the best way.

I didn't cry immediately. I just sat there, smiling at a screen like an idiot, trying to believe it.

Some results don't just change a number on a screen. They tell you that everything you quietly endured was not for nothing.

Telling My Father

I called my father that evening, like I always do at 6 pm. My hand was shaking, but for a very different reason than it had shaken before.

I told him straight: everything is cleared. There was a pause on the other end, longer than usual. And then, in his calm way, he asked, "Did you eat dinner?"

That's how my father says he's proud.

I used to think their expectations were the heaviest thing I carried. Along the way I understood that their patience was heavier, and somehow easier to carry, than I ever imagined it could be.

I hung up the phone and cried for the first time in weeks. Not because I was broken. Because I finally let myself feel something instead of just pushing through it.

What It Took to Get Here

Here's the part nobody tells you about a result like this: it never shows the road behind it.

It doesn't show the days I sat with my DSA sheet open and stared at the same question for twenty minutes. Or my hostel routine (the walk, the 9:22 college entry, the 6 pm call, the 2 am study) that kept running on the outside while I felt lost on the inside.

It doesn't show the evening one of the 11th-12th grade girls came to me with a doubt, like always, and halfway through explaining it to her, I stopped mid-sentence because my own eyes had filled up.

She just sat there quietly, waited, and then said:

"Didi, you teach me, but who teaches you?"

I didn't have an answer for her that day.

Sometimes the people you're trying to hold up are the ones who end up holding you steady, without even realizing it.

Somewhere, I Lost Her

There's one thing I haven't said out loud until now, and it's been sitting heavy in my chest for a long time.

I used to be sharp. Not "good at studies" sharp, but genuinely, unusually sharp. I cleared 15+ scholarship exams up to 12th standard, including Navodaya. I wasn't just passing things, I was the girl other people pointed to and said, "she'll do something big."

That girl existed. She wasn't a story I'm making up to feel better. She was real, and she was me.

And then there were days I sat in an exam worth 60 marks and couldn't even bring myself to 24.

I kept asking myself: where did she go? How does a girl who once cracked Navodaya and a dozen scholarship exams end up staring at a 60-mark paper and failing to cross even 24?

I didn't have an answer. I turned that question over so many times at 2 am that I stopped expecting it to resolve itself.

Maybe some grief doesn't need an explanation to be real. Maybe it's enough to just admit: I missed the girl I used to be, and I didn't know how to become her again.

Getting Back Up

I gave myself a limited time to feel that way. Not because sadness has an expiry date, but because I know myself. If I let it stretch longer, it stops being grief and becomes the same old trap I fell into before.

And I refused to go back there.

So I made a small, almost embarrassingly simple decision: I would make a notebook.

Every single lecture.

Not for anyone else, but for the version of me who wouldn't have to borrow someone else's notes with three days left on the clock.

I filled it page by page. I kept the 2 am study, but this time it had a plan behind it. And slowly, quietly, the girl who couldn't cross 24 out of 60 started to show up again.

A comeback isn't always loud. Sometimes it's just one notebook, filled one page at a time, by someone who used to have none.

In the End, I Just Want to Say This

I never imagined this result would come to me after this much in life. After the sleepless nights, the borrowed notebook, the tears in front of a student, and the days when I couldn't recognise myself. I endured all of it, and this is what was waiting on the other side.

And to the girl who asked me, "Didi, you teach me, but who teaches you?" This time I have a small answer: the notebook did. And the version of me who refused to quit.

I haven't fully found the girl I lost. But somewhere on this road, I caught a glimpse of her, a little way ahead of me. And this time, I could keep up.

I used to think a comeback meant proving everyone wrong in one big moment. Now I know it just means showing up the next day, and the day after that, even when it's hard, until the day it finally works out.

If you're sitting with a result that didn't go your way today, remember this:

One number on one page has never once decided what a person is capable of becoming.

My story is still unfolding, one notebook page at a time. And so is yours.

Next up: the technical journey I promised you all along.

"I fell down, I endured, and I stood back up every single morning. Today, everything is cleared and my CGPA is 7.6. Turns out that was the whole story."
An ordinary girl, still figuring it out

#AllClear #CGPA7point6 #Comeback #SecondYearCSE #StudentLife #IITDream #NeverGiveUp #HostelLife #GrowthMindset #UnfilteredStory #KeepGoing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IIT Was My Dream, Life Had Other Plans — My Raw, Unfiltered Story

From Silence to Strength — My Second Year Story

3 Backlogs, 3 Days, and a Fight I Never Chose to Lose